Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shoe Connoisseur

To the left is former first lady of the Philippines, Imelda Marcos. Her husband's so, so corrupted dictatorship over the Philippines ended with the People Power Revolution in 1986 and the Marcos' exile from the islands. Even though I find this time period captivating (my parents were both extremely involved in the revolution), this is not a blog about history. Its a blog about indulgences, hence Imelda Marcos, basically the world's biggest shoe-head. 

This chick had close to 2,000 pairs of extravagant shoes while her husband was in office. let me remind you that the Philippines is a third world country, meaning a good number of its people are running around WITHOUT shoes. The scariest part is that last month in Madrid when my older sister and I were talking about how many shoes Imelda Marcos had, we came to a conclusion that she didn't have all that many.

This brings me to my reason for this entry. I have recently realized that  i am addicted to shoes. i left for europe with only three pairs in my suitcase and came back with NINE! how this happened, i just don't understand. i'm supposed to be a starving college student, and the dollar is down. Luckily in Amsterdam (sneaker HEAVEN) my guy classmates would drag me and the other girls away from store windows, so i never picked up any flashy sneakers - as bad as i wanted to. but i'm pretty sure i unconsciously sacrificed meals in Spain to pick up my last couple pairs because, hey, food will only last you a couple hours but think of all the places a pair of shoes can take you. but this guilty pleasure is turning into a horrible habit because i have ishhhhhh to pay off now and i really need to cut it.. well, at least for a little bit.

*sigh* why is everything bad so good? 






In other news, it makes me smile when people complain that i don't blog enough. at least i know a few people read this nonsense. haha

1 comment:

Ceci said...

haha you're so gay. love u hoe.