Monday, September 15, 2008

Now and Then

i've said it before, but i'll say it again. i'm happier than i've been in what seems like forever. 

Its only now that I'm beginning to realize how close I was to scraping the bottom during the entire second half of spring quarter. Life, or whatever higher being it is that calls the shots around here, decided to put me through an obstacle course and i allowed myself to be defeated by it. i always loved the fact that i could be reflective, but reflection seemed to just dig me into a deeper hole, so i did what felt natural.. i buried myself away and even in the presence of my closest friends, i still felt aloof and disengaged from everything and everyone around me. 

but life always has its way of working things out in the end. i'm thankful for those few months of struggle because it forced me to find that fight inside of me again. i feel that fire inside of me again that drives me towards everything i've ever wanted, and its burning stronger then ever. 

Thank you to the people who saw me even when I thought i was invisible.

No comments: