Monday, June 30, 2008

A Monday in Amsterdam

This one is for... Cil because i forever steal the quotes she finds and i used one as my new title for this blog to sound less emo and more... me. Danikka because she reminded me i haven't been updating during my trip, and the entire reason i made a public blog (ha! cuz everything juicy is still under a private one!) was so i could tell people back home about my adventures. & Kerri because our experience last week is just starting to sink in. I can't believe we've gone from meeting on the monkey bars in first grade to traveling Spain together fourteen years later. but mostly this one is for them because they understood the unexplainable part about what this summer was going to be for us as individ
uals. it was stressful and it was scary, but tell me you don't already know this is going to be the most amazing summer of our lives <3

I'm not going to lie, it was all very overwhelming. personally, i went through weeks and weeks of anxiety over this trip during the school year, to finals, to the excitement and chaos of being home & jeffrey's surprise visit, to being bedridden the day before my trip and somehow suddenly finding myself in the middle of Spain despite it all. Once I arrived in Madrid, my sister asked me if I was excited. I told her I didn't have time to be... but now that I'm here in my cozy apartment in Amsterdam I'm glad i stuck through it because its all going too fast already!

more pictures and story telling in the next post, promise! In the mean here's a peek at where I've been. Puerta del Sol in Madrid, Carrer de Ferran in Barcelona, and the Torensluis aka the widest bridge in Amsterdam.




hasta manana.

p.s. viva espana! they won the eurocup yesterday and the futbol games have definitely been a highlight of my trip sofar. plus i think Casillas, the goalie for Spain, is really cute! ahaha


No comments: