Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not studying

This is a sketch of what will hopefully be the next addition to my wall paintings. i spent a total of about 3 minutes on it, so don't hate, just imagine it in paint. i did at the bottom of my USP notes when i was trying to do my take-home final (which i still have yet to start. haha)

This is a sketch of the person I've been lately. constantly in motion, carrying with me a collection of worries that only get tangled up in each other and slow me down. 

If there's anything i've learned in the past year, its knowing what to let go. I guess i've just forgotten that lately. i called this a self portrait, but now that i think about it, its really a not-being-myself portrait. all these thoughts that clutter my head have weighed me down to the point where it feels like i've lost my focus and i almost can't remember what i'm about anymore. i'm always lost in thought these days and writing emo blogs, and while i love being contemplative, being constantly in this state is not being me. 

 but i'm ten days away from an experience that will probably change my life, and i've waited for this for way too long to let anything slow me down. so i'm letting it all go. i'm done with trying to analyze and be practical. its my time now.